Pinterest has quickly become the third largest social network behind only the two behemoths, Facebook and Twitter. For January 2012 comScore, an Internet marketing research company, reported the site had 11.7 million unique U.S. visitors, making it the fastest site ever to break through the 10 million unique visitor mark.
The virtual pinboard gives its users the tools to build visually arresting collections of images and share them easily. If you see something you like on a friend’s board, you can re-pin it to one of your own or give the board a “like.” Images can go viral, spreading from board to board within seconds.
- Its most rapid expansion has been among women.
- Google’s data shows a 3 to 1 ratio of female visitors to male visitors.
- Most of these users are between 25 and 44 and have families.
- The majority of them have some college.
- Pinterest’s vivid visuals appeal especially strongly to the youngest baby boomers and their adult kids and to working moms who are well-informed consumers looking for the best for their families.
Have you pinned?
© Reach Marketing LLC 2012 All Rights Reserved.