Case Study 1: Content Marketing
An Insurance Agency was unable to, timely or effectively, promote the services of their individual agents to their target audience.
We analyzed the size of their prospect environment and the content elements within Company’s offers and identified the following:
1. Company is required to include specific and unique contact and location information within each marketing piece based on the geography of the recipient.
2. Results improved when Company was able to personalize creative based on prospect’s industry and employee size.
Reach Marketing appended SIC and employee size information through ReachBase to records on Company’s customer file that were lacking these critical data points. This was designed to improve Company’s retention efforts as it would allow for more personalization. We also identified Company’s prime prospect universe within the ReachBase that included their desired SIC and employee size ranges. Through Reach Marketing’s email delivery platform we were able to dynamically generate different offers to prospects based on their unique SIC and employee size as well as populate specific contact and company information based on recipient’s geography.
By dynamically populating their offer the company was able to increase their customer base by 41%. These campaigns represent the company’s single most productive program across all channels.
Case Study 2: Multi-Channel Prospecting
A computer hardware company was experiencing lower than expectations sales generation on their new product launch efforts. They vested heavily in non-direct marketing channels.
We analyzed Company’s prospecting efforts and identified the following:
1. Prospecting efforts were deployed to prime and secondary audiences simultaneously and consumed equal portions of the budget
2. Campaigns generated strong open rates, but extremely poor click and conversion rates.
3. Email Marketing was the only channel utilized and subsequent campaigns were not leveraging the previous touch.
Reach Marketing shifted Company’s remaining budget entirely towards prospecting to their prime target audience. We applied the IOU principles to each creative asset developed from Company as well as improving the Call-to-Action to generate a significantly increased click and click-to-open rates. Additionally, we added triggers for a multi-touch program initiated through our email marketing efforts which included retargeting through direct mail, banner advertising, and video.
Reach Marketing identified that company’s best chance for success was to directly reach and influence small business owners with a concise multi-touch program. Reach marketing identified the prime prospect universe of small business owners that would be most responsive to company’s offering. Reach Marketing then blueprinted a multi-touch program
Company hit their launch goals and has since continued to invest heavily in multi-touch programs.
Case Study 3: Customer Profile
A Seminar company was experiencing soft results on their customer acquisition efforts. As a result, their cost per acquisition was steadily increasing.
We analyzed company’s prospecting efforts and identified the following:
1. Prospecting segmentation was not consistent with company’s customer footprint
2. Creative lacked any personalization
3. Prospecting strategy was single dimensional
Reach Marketing performed a customer profile and analysis through ReachBase to identify company’s unique customer footprint by key firmagraphic elements. Once footprint was established, we proceeded to develop clones of their customer base as the prime prospect universe. Our universe identified clones at existing buying sites and new sites to Company’s footprint to which we would message separately.
Reach Marketing revised company’s creative to meet business personalization best practices while utilizing additional data points that were now available on company’s customer file. Lastly, we developed a retargeting program that included Direct Mail, banner advertising, video and telemarketing to improve brand recall and conversions.
Company’s results increased dramatically, especially in their click rates and conversion. Company experienced a 28% increase in click rates and a 63% increase in conversions as the audience was more segmented and the offers were more tailored to each recipient.
Case Study 4: Data Hygiene
A marketing automation company was experiencing a steady decline in customer engagement rates, even though they didn’t notice a decline in delivery rates.
We analyzed their customer file and identified two main areas of concern:
1. Company was not adding an acceptable level of new prospects/customers into their database quarterly.
2. Their customer base spanned 6 years of data.
Our analysis led us to one of three conclusions:
1. Data accuracy is poor therefore communications are not being delivered to intended parties
2. Audience is experiencing offer fatigue from receiving the same campaigns on a regular basis
3. Both a and b are occurring
Reach Marketing processed their entire customer base through our Reach Verify Program which addressed all of our concerns with data accuracy. We identified a sizeable portion of their database had inaccurate records, on both postal and email channels as well as individuals no longer with their respective organizations. Our process cleansed their database of any undeliverable postal and email addresses. Then we divided their customer base with records less than 24 months or older than 24 months. The records older than 24 months went through our reactivation program which identified which of their records that matched an active database ensuring their accuracy and engagement levels.
Company’s results increased significantly, particularly in their open rates. Company experienced a 49% increase in open rates as we eliminated the majority of undeliverable and inaccurate records while reactivating many of their older prospects.
Case Study 5: Database Services
A leading US Exposition and Media firm, producing more than 50 trade shows and over 100 face-to-face events, including conferences, summits and other events.
- Major investment made into migrating CRM into Salesforce
- Data within the new environment is dirty right from the start
- Users of internal system unhappy because of inaccurate information
- Data from disparate sources make it difficult for internal implementation to team to verify accuracy
We evaluated their environment, systems and tools to identify source of their dirty data and made strategic recommendations on how to make the data more reliable. Our data standardization, enhance and hygiene process allowed them clean their internal data and start using their internal system as designed. This was critical for them to realize ROI of their investment of new system and make it more reliable.
- 31% increase on delivery rates
- 22% increase in open rates
- 13% increase in leads generated
- 38% increase in converted leads
- Increased efficiency with central intelligence database
- Improved ROI and attribution accuracy
- Lowered overall costs by 7%